it’s the start of memorial day weekend – even if it’s only 9:30 friday morning. horns have been beeping incessantly since 7:00 am. here’s what first avenue looked like out my window, from the united nations at 48th street to 51st street:
and from 52nd up to 56th street:
if i had to guess, i would say about 10% of the car horns were honking so much they made up for the other 90%. it’s 9:30 in the morning – shouldn’t these peeps be at work already? i’m trying to find the happy in this.
i look forward to rush hour out of the city this evening and hope all of these folks get the rest & relaxation they apparently need.
happy memorial day!
“Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.”
~ Dr. Seuss
Posted in life, New York, ny city life, nyc, thoughts
Tagged beeping, first avenue, honking horns, manhattan, memorial day, new york, NYC, traffic
just a reminder . . . .
happy mothers day to the greatest mom! i love you!!!
A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. ~ Thomas Carlyle
i was just about to step off the curb to cross 61st street on first avenue today when i noticed a cab trying to manifest a middle lane in between two cars. he was not very successful.
so this poor couple who were just driving along, minding their own business, now have a crashed up car because the cabbie thought he could save 2 seconds getting to where ever it was he was headed.
the man who’s car was struck by the time-crazed cabbie got out to assess the situation. he asked the cabbie, in a much calmer tone than i may have had, to straighten his wheels and back up. the cab driver put the car in reverse without straightening the wheels first, and proceeded to re- swipe the entire length of the passenger side of the car, much to the horror of the woman sitting inside.
just when i thought it couldn’t get any worse, the cab moved forward again, going for side swipe #3.
the people who had been stopped at the red light on first avenue eventually got tired of waiting for the cab driver to figure out how to get out of the middle of the intersection and when the light turned green, they drove right up the avenue as if there wasn’t a giant accident in the middle of the road.
and therein lies all the excitement i have for this tuesday.
keep calm & carry on . . . .
“Everyone ought to bear patiently the results of his own conduct.”
Posted in humor, life, New York, ny city life, nyc, Photography, thoughts
Tagged 1st avenue, 61st street, cab, crash, nyc cabbie, patience, taxi
while browsing craigslist’s writing/editing jobs today, i saw this
opportunity which i decided to pass on, but thought i would
pass along . . . .
Online Dating Surrogate (Flatiron)
Successful entrepreneur needs discerning woman to handle online dating communications for him for roughly an hour per dayProcess:
1. Review profiles of women on 3 or 4 dating sites
2. Per criteria you will be provided, mark as “Favorite” all potential women to contact
3. You’ll let me know when to review Favorites periodically and I’ll delete those I’m not interested in
4. You’ll write to and exchange messages with the remaining Favorites and try to set dates
Work hours, location and salary:
> One hour or so per day – flat $100/wk
> You set the hours
> Work from anywhere you choose
Ideal candidate for this job is similar to dating candidates sought:
> Pretty, thin, educated female in her 20s or 30s (with great taste and strong writing ability)
If This Part-Time Job is For You:
> Email to email@example.com your picture, resume and lengthy enough response to assess your writing ability
> Indicate why this job will be easy and fun for you and describe why you believe that you have great taste and a discerning eye
- Compensation: $100/week for roughly 7 hours work
Live so that when your children think of fairness, caring, and integrity, they think of you.
~ H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.