honoring my commitment not to complain about the cold this year, i will find 10 good reasons to be grateful that it is 18 degrees outside.
2. hats, scarves, gloves, boots, sunglasses & long johns make everyone look 3 sizes bigger and unrecognizable therefore there is no worry that anyone will stop to chat – limiting the concern over actually freezing to death.
3. i am grateful to not live in fairbanks, alaska where it is currently minus 26 degrees – although that has less to do with the weather than the danger of running into sarah palin. i would rather live on the psych ward in bellevue.
4. i am very grateful to work from home and not have to endure the butt freeze so many people have at this moment warming up their cars – or the meltdown you get going down into the subway as the temp rises and you’re wearing everything wearable that you own.
5. i am grateful to know it probably won’t get any colder.
6. i am grateful for the heat & hot water and imagine there are entire buildings full of people who are right now cursing out their super because the boiler is broken.
7. i am grateful i am not a super.
8. i am grateful that i found these awesome boots online last night and hopeful that they will ship today and arrive before the temp drops 1 more degree.
9. i am grateful for ‘amazon prime’ so that i can have everything i want delivered in 2 days without freezing to death.
10. i am grateful i am not a ups delivery person, garbage man, traffic cop, construction worker, dog walker or a street vendor (regardless of the outside temperature).
i did it. now that’s the power of positive thinking. it’s going to be a good day.
“Our happiness depends on the habit of mind we cultivate. So practice happy thinking every day. Cultivate the merry heart, develop the happiness habit, and life will become a continual feast.”
– Norman Vincent Peale