in my efforts to make extra double sure i was not the winner of last weeks 335 million dollar jackpot, i was roaming around the mega millions website and came across a section called
and i found the following information based on a $12 million jackpot:
- Attend 13,407 weeks of endless summer surf camp near San Diego.
- Purchase one 5 bedroom, 8 bath 6,000 square foot home in Beverly Hills.
- Pan for gold 2 million times in Dahlonega, Ga., home of the first U.S. gold rush
- Take a “Midnight Train to Georgia” and visit the Georgia Music Hall of Fame with 1.5 million friends
- Be peachy keen with 9.3 million pounds of world-famous sweet Georgia peaches
- Approximately 2.4 million steamed crabs
- 300,000 club-level tickets to Baltimore Orioles games
- 1.5 million water taxi rides in the Baltimore Harbor
- Take more than 4.3 million rides on the world famous Swan Boats in Boston’s Public Garden.
- Enjoy more than 2 million bowls of clam chowder at Legal Sea Foods.
- 1.9 million pounds of Mackinac Island fudge
- More than 1.8 million square inches of Hell, Michigan (you can actually buy property in Hell – $6.66 per square inch!)
- Six-day cruises on Lake Michigan for 7,000 people
- An education at Princeton University for you and 363 of your closest friends
- 545,454 of the two-pound tins of assorted Fralinger’s World Famous Salt Water Taffy
- 4.8 million pounds of cranberries
- Chow down on 4,363,636 Nathan’s famous hot dogs at Coney Island in New York
- Buy one prime season ticket for the New York Yankees and another for the New York Mets for each of the next 1,374 baseball seasons.
- Tuition, room and board for 753 students to attend the university founded by Thomas Jefferson, the University of Virginia
- Lay $1 bills end-to-end from one end of Virginia’s Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel to the other almost 66 times
- 923,077 admissions to George Washington’s home in Mount Vernon, Virginia
it’s nice to know the folks at the lottery commission have a sense of humor although it would have been even nicer if i had just won the $335 million.
“Hope never abandons you; you abandon it”
– George Weinberg