what the beep?

it’s the start of memorial day weekend – even if it’s only 9:30  friday morning.   horns have been beeping incessantly since 7:00 am.  here’s what first avenue looked like out my window, from the united nations at 48th street to 51st street:

1st ave traffic mem day 2013 (4) 

and from 52nd up to 56th street:

1st ave traffic mem day 2013 (1) 

if i had to guess, i would say about 10% of the car horns were honking so much they made up for the other 90%.   it’s 9:30 in the morning –  shouldn’t these peeps be at work already?  i’m trying to find the happy in this.

i look forward to rush hour out of the city this evening and hope all of these folks get the rest & relaxation they apparently need.

happy memorial day!

“Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.”
 ~ Dr. Seuss 

11 responses to “what the beep?

  1. Holy smokes! No way. I would be pulling what little hair I have right out. Traffic is thick enough here in Las Vegas! Have a safe and sane holiday. 🙂


  2. I’d rather stay home…


  3. Isn’t that all part of the dynamic, wild, busy city that is New York?


  4. OMG,makes me glad to live in my peaceful little burg here in Indiana.


  5. Don’t you just love NYC?


  6. ahh…the sweet sights and sounds of civilisation…


  7. Reblogged this on treetrunkdings and commented:
    nothing looks better to the transportation industry than these images


your thoughts?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s