according to mary, the liebster is a fun award bloggers give to each other so we can support & learn about one another.
thank you mary! here are my answers to the questions mary has asked me as part of the rules of liebster award acceptance:
1) Whats your state of mind as you write this? feeling a little bit famous. . .
2) Why did you begin blogging? to share nyc (& possibly a unique perspective) with the world!
3) How did you come up with the name of your blog? sitting in silence
4) If you were going to a desert island whats a CD & book you would want to bring? book: loving what is by byron katie. cd: my own music mix
5) If you were a celebrity & needed to change your name, what would you make it? cags
6) Do you have a favorite item of clothing? of course, and i wish it fit me.
7) Coffee, tea or neither? coffee in the morning, tea at night.
8) If you could move anywhere, where & why? nyc is the only place for me!
9) If you could learn any other language, what would you learn? sanskrit
10) Favorite flower? hydrangias are nice and i think i like all flowers equally on most days.
11) What song represents you? the happy birthday song for sure.
the liebster rules:
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award and you choose to accept it, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you;
1. Thank the person, who you have nominated, and post a link on your blog. (thanks so much, mary!)
2. Display the award on your blog by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget”.
3. Answer the 11 questions about yourself, provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Give 11 random facts about you.
1. i love nyc!
2. i want a horse
3. i like summer better than winter
4. i will live in an amazing soho loft one day soon
5. my apartment is 600 square feet
6. i believe meditation is good for everyone
7. bhutan is a vacation destination in my future
8. i have a mac and a pc
9. i have 3 brothers
10. i like milk chocolate better than dark chocolate
11. every single day i tell my dog i love him billions times infinity 🙂
5. Nominate 5 to 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award; who have less than 1000 followers. i have no idea how many people follow who but these are my nominees:
(and to the award winners, please know i am not attached to the acceptance, non-acceptance or whether or not you choose to follow the award rules – i just wanted to nominate you! 🙂 )
6. Create a new list of questions for the nominated bloggers to answer.
what makes you really happy?
what’s your sign?
favorite day of the year?
if you be anyone for one day, who would you be?
what if you could be 2 people??
do you love new york city?
beach or mountains?
porsche or ferrari?
black or white?
7. List these rules in your post. (You can copy and paste them from here.)
Once you have written your post, and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the bloggers whom you’ve nominated for the Liebster award. Remember to give a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.