“Thoughts are just what is. They appear. They’re innocent. They’re not personal. They’re like the breeze or the leaves on the trees or the raindrops falling. Thoughts arise like that, and we can make friends with them.
Would you argue with a raindrop?”
~ Byron Katie
It’s the creepy alternative to a beach cooler.
The state Office of Mental Health is selling a morgue refrigerator from a Manhattan psychiatric ward on eBay — calling it “used” but “in good condition.”
The bizarre ad lists the huge silver appliance, equipped with four doors for body storage, as having “signs of cosmetic wear” but being “fully operational.”
The fridge looks plucked from the set of “Law & Order: SVU.” At 8 feet tall and 6 feet wide, it could fit nearly 2,000 12-ounce cans of beer. . . .
“Every once in a while, we get an unusual item — and this would be that,” said spokeswoman Heather Groll.
“You don’t get to vote on what is. Have you noticed?”
~ Byron Katie
Posted in humor, life, New York, ny city life, nyc
Tagged beer, bidding, byron katie, ebay, morgue, ny post, Office of Mental Health, refrigerator
a byron katie weekend at the sheraton. beautiful.
“loving what is, and that would be you.”
– Byron Katie
1. mighty man. spending time with this love bug was one highlight of my 2011
here he is, laughing his head off as usual. i love this guy & miss him madly!
2. moving back to midtown east (yay!)
the east 52nd street reality show (click here!)
3. i got fired from a job for the very first time.
4. immersed myself in the work of byron katie, who is my new hero.
5. laughed a hundred times watching this video:
6. got a press pass!
7. completed a week long juice fast in the woods
8. survived a near fatal attack by this guy:
one of the best ever!
10. my dad’s daily phone calls asking me how he could help me get a job.
“Happiness is an attitude of mind, born of the simple determination to be happy under all outward circumstances.”
– J. Donald Walters