seriously??? where? because wherever it is, i want to go. i’m so ready to trade in my down coat for some flip flops.
“Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn, whatever state I may be in, therein to be content.”
~ Helen Keller
Wherever you go, go with all your heart.
Posted in good to know, life, New York, ny city life, nyc, thoughts, weather
Tagged cold, confucius, freezing, snow, Temperature, travel, Weather
Today Jun 29
82°F – 64°F Scattered T-Storms
Sun Jun 30
82° – 68° PM T-Storms
Mon Jul 1
77° -68° T-Showers
Tue Jul 2
77° – 67° Scattered T-Storms
Wed Jul 3
83° – 68° Scattered T-Storms
Thu Jul 4
83° -67° Scattered T-Storms
“Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.”
periodically we all encounter moments when we just don’t know what’s going on.
here is how weather.com handles it:*
“Confusion now hath made his masterpiece!
– William Shakespeare
Wind: N at 0 mph
35°F | 17°F
the post says it’s 20 degrees. that’s a 22 degree difference from bedminster, nj – i am grateful to be heading home. after 8 1/2 long months, today begins the process of the move! on the agenda for the day:
1. find a mover. i’ve done this so many times already it should go smoothly, but the truth is, shopping for a mover is kind of like shopping for a used car. if you’ve ever bargain shopped for movers, you know what i’m saying.
2. realtor to arrive at 10:00 to inspect apartment and determine market value for next renter. i hope they’re farm folks and can be very happy here.
3. get some work done to earn the funds for the move.
4. 4:30 appointment for podcast interview with cookbook author which i find hysterical since i am the worst cook in america. she promised not to ask me anything about cooking, just nutrition science and my organization. this reminds me that in the last 8 1/2 months i have not had a meal with another live human being, or that was cooked in an oven, or contained more than 1 single item like soup or asparagus and the occasional meal of cadbury eggs or a lindt bar. so looking forward to the candle cafe with friends!
5. check craigslist for a place to move to. call realtors.
6. begin box collection process and make moving checklist.
tomorrow i will go to the city & find the perfect place, sign lease and begin my
re-connection with the human race.
“The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems”
– Mahatma Gandhi
it is 3.6 but with the wind chill factor it feels like 4.
“I can believe anything provided it is incredible. ”
– Oscar Wilde
||AM Clouds / PM Sun
||PM Snow Showers
this is simply a public service announcement for you safety – not a complaint.
“I know what I have given you. I do not know what you have received”
– Antonio Porchia
since it was 10 degrees when i got up this morning and it looks like it’s heading down to the single digits tonight and i have promised not to complain about the weather this winter, i have nothing to say. here is a nice picture for you look at instead.
i have much higher expectations for 2011.
“Conversation about the weather is the last refuge of the unimaginative.”
– Oscar Wilde
#1: doom & gloom
Updated 6:53 am edt tue aug 17 2010
#2: happy weather
|same day, same time, two different channels. which channel do you subscribe to?
“It’s a beautiful day outside but we know the weather is going to change. Our meteorologists are closely monitoring the weather conditions. We recognize that just a few degrees difference in either direction will make a difference in what kind of precipitation falls.”
| Dayle Stewart